El Salvador November 2019 Day 5
At any time today if asked what time is it, the answer would be “it’s quality time.”
- 7 a.m. - Breakfast and the first celebration of Karin, our very own “birthday girl”
- 10 a.m. - Arrive at Compassion’s survival intervention project. Each age group of children and mothers of the children presented a program of music and drama. Those little ones are so precious in Jesus’s eyes and ours too.
- 11 a.m. - A tour of the center, an ice cream treat and an explanation from the administrator of the evaluation and documentation of the children’s progress.
- 12 a.m. Lunch and answered prayer. From the first team meeting at Woodmen, Suzanne has been praying for someone to gift her yarn to... lots (!) of yarn. God answered her prayer today and she gave the yarn to the Compassion worker in charge of the jewelry workshop. They both lit up with joy!
- 1 p.m. - Home visitation to a young 17-year old mother’s house. We had the blessing of presenting a food basket and some necessities for her 2-year old. I had the privilege of praying a blessing of hope and provision over the family.
- 2 p.m. - We returned to the project to say our goodbyes and enjoy a surprise birthday cake and candy-filled piñata for Karin - the second celebration for her. There is no doubt she is well loved.
- 3 p.m. Prayer for the team and the center, hugs, kisses on the cheeks, and goodbyes.
Thank you for praying! God’s answers are revealing His will, His Grace, His protection, His faithfulness, and a day of many quality times. Our hearts are full of joy & we hope yours is too!
- Marti Grant