Thank you for your interest in mentoring with our church and Kids Hope USA. Please review and complete this
application and acknowledge the responses in the commitment and release portion of the form to be considered for
this volunteer mentor position.
Overview: Role Description
A Kids Hope USA mentor provides one-to-one mentoring and affirmation for one elementary-aged child at our partner school. Training will be provided to help mentors develop a successful mentoring relationship with a child. Mentors will have access to mentoring resources provided by our Kids Hope USA program. Classroom teachers may supplement with materials to support specific academic needs. Mentors and children meet one-on-one in an open, supervised location in the school building as designated by the school; or, if mentoring virtually, in a supervised session. Mentors are never to be alone with their student. The church director will monitor, advise, assist, and support all mentors.
- Be eager to listen to a child, being sensitive to his/her needs
- Be at least 16-years old
- Attend our church regularly
- Have reliable transportation for in-person mentoring
- Have access to a digital device connected to the internet for training and communications
- Respect the separation of church and state guidelines
- Commit to visit one student one hour each week during the school day for one school year
- Successfully complete the screening and training process
- Commit to maintaining confidentiality and following program rules
Requirements and Application Process
As part of the process, mentors...
- Will participate in an interview and complete required training
- Will complete and pass the screening process [background check and 3 references]
- Will complete and sign the Volunteer Pledge & Release