Follow the Stars WHAT YOU’LL NEED
· Glow-in-the-dark stars to create a path from your child’s room to the Christmas tree
· Nativity set that includes Mary, Joseph, a donkey, other animals, an angel, a shepherd, wise men, and baby Jesus
· A cake with a candle PREP
1. When the kids are in bed, make a trail of stars from their rooms to the Christmas tree.
2. Place different pieces of the nativity set long the path, ending with baby Jesus.
3. Place a cake (maybe angel food!) with three candles on top near the end of the trail. CHRISTMAS MORNING
1. When the kids wake up, help them follow the stars like the wise men did.
2. At the first stop, find Mary, Joseph and a donkey and read Luke 2:1-5. Collect the figurines as you go to the next stop.
3. Continue following the trail of stars to the animals and read Luke 2:6-7.
4. Find the angels and shepherds at the next stop and read Luke 2:8-20.
5. Follow the trail to where the wise men wait and read Matthew 2:1-2, 9-11
6. Approach the tree and have the kids focus on baby Jesus as you light the candle on the cake. Remind the kids that Jesus is the light of the world and that His birthday is the reason we celebrate.
7. Finish the search with worship by singing “Silent Night” or “Happy Birthday” to Jesus. Then blow out the candle and enjoy the cake.